Call for applications 2023
Do you run an innovative project with a social aim, or know someone who does? We are curious! SozialMarie is looking for social innovations, which dare to make a change. Apply now!
It’s that time of the year again! SozialMarie’s application platform is now open for the 19th time. As the first prize for social innovation in Europe, SozialMarie’s aim is to identify and highlight social innovation across the CEE. We reward successfully implemented, innovative projects that tackle the social challenges of our time.
With your application you get the chance to win one of the 15 prizes awarded by the SozialMarie jury: 1. Prize €15.000, 2. Prize €10.000, 3. Prize €5.000, 12x €2.000.
If you get nominated, your project will also take part in the public voting for the Audience Award. The project with the most votes receives € 1.000 for educational purposes. All nominated projects will then be invited to celebrate together at the Award Ceremony in Vienna on May 1. Here you will find out if you have won a prize, and whether one of our international patrons picked your project for one-year of mentoring.
Who is eligible to apply?
We are seeking projects that are implemented in Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, or Slovenia.
SozialMarie is a prize for implemented projects, which have passed the phase of being an idea and can demonstrate ongoing activities.
Here at SozialMarie, we believe that social innovation comes from all segments of society. We accept applications from civil society, public administration, and the business sector.
- Fill in the application form on our website by 23 January 2023, 11:55 pm
- Two local experts will read and evaluate your application according to our criteria for social innovation
- If your application is shortlisted, it will be discussed by the international jury
- You will find out in February if you have been nominated for the award
- At the Award Ceremony on May 1 in Vienna, you will find out if project has been awarded a SozialMarie prize
Do you have questions?
SozialMarie coordinators will be happy to help you with further questions. Find your coordinator in your country.